While Acorn Creek is the only cohousing community in Wake County (that we’re aware of, at least), there are a number of other “sister communities” in the Triangle area. We have been fortunate to learn from a number of them as we form our community.
- Arcadia Cohousing – Chapel Hill
- Bull City Commons Cohousing – Durham (forming)
- Common Ground Ecovillage – Mebane (forming)
- Durham Central Park Cohousing – Durham
- Elderberry Cohousing – Rougemont
- Eno Commons Cohousing – Durham
- Pacifica – Carrboro
- Solterra – Durham
- Spring Glen – Chapel Hill
- Village Hearth – Durham
- Weaving Water – Durham (forming)
See other existing and forming US communities in the cohousing.org Community Directory.